You’re invited to the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business’ first-ever virtual job fair.
It’s on Tuesday 13 August at 9.30am-12.30pm. It’s online, so all you need to attend is a reliable internet connection and a computer, tablet or smartphone.
This is why you should come
- Talk directly to employers who are hiring right now.
- Apply for jobs on the day.
- Watch presentations from employers.
- Get job seeking tips and advice from presentations and online chat.
- Find out what your employment services provider can do to help you find work.
- Learn about the jobs that are currently available in Melbourne.
BONUS: If you submit your resume to employers on the day, you can add it to your job search effort.
These are the jobs available on the day
There will be heaps, including:
- Apprenticeships of all kinds, from automotive and hairdressing, to stone-masonry and landscape gardening
- Call centre
- Child care
- Dental assistant
- Level crossing and transport
And the list goes on!
The employers and industry experts who will be there on the day are:
- Victoria Police
- Apprenticeship Employment Network
- Job Jumpstart
- Apprenticeships Matter
- New Business Assistance with NEIS
- Level Crossing Victoria
- jobactive providers
This is what you need to do to get ready
There are a few things you will need to do to get ready and make the most of the job fair.
- Start preparing by tailoring your resume. It’s important to do this for every job you apply for. If you need some inspiration, here’s an example resume and cover letter.
- Brush up on your interview skills. We have interview practice videos for 25 different jobs.
- Prepare your elevator pitch.
- Visit Job Jumpstart for tips and planning resources.
Keep an eye out for more information from us in the lead up to 13 August. We’ll have more detail about the employers and jobs on offer as we get closer to the date. We’ll send it to you by email and SMS, and update this page as well.
Images: Giphy, iStock