When was the last time you gave your jobactive profile a spring clean? Now is a great time to clear out the cobwebs and get your job search on point.
When you sign up to a job search site like jobactive you need to supply a bunch of details to register and start with your job search. For some of us it can sometimes be a case of set and forget.
If you haven’t updated your profile or your job search in a while, you could be missing out on heaps of opportunities.
You are your profile
Most people haven’t met their potential employer before they put in a job application. Your career profile and resume is all an employer has to go on until they speak to you on the phone or meet with you face-to-face.
You wouldn’t go to an interview without pants on and likewise, you shouldn’t leave your profile half dressed.
Make sure you are fully covered by checking off this list:
- Your About Me highlights your strengths and has no typos.
- Your Work History is up to date, including any volunteer or unpaid work recently completed.
- Your Education History lists all of your training and certificates.
- Your Skills includes soft skills like good communication, team work and problem solving – as well as your technical skills.
- Your supervisor endorsements are visible.
TIP: You might like to get a family member or friend to check your profile for any mistakes.
Are you heading in the right direction?
Do your Employment Directions still match your current situation? Here are some things to consider:
- If you recently learnt a new skill or completed a job placement you could be qualified for more occupations.
- If you moved house recently you might need to change the locations you can work at.
- If your caring situation has changed your availability might have changed too.
Make your jobactive profile count
To get the most out of your profile you should think about making it visible. You can still control who can see it by choosing to make it visible to everybody or to registered employers only.
Is your job search in need of a spring clean? Watch our job alert tips video, then log into your jobactive account and polish your profile today!
Images: iStock, giphy